Available currency pairs
Types of transaction
|FX Spot||FX Forward|
|Delivery date: T; T+1; T+2||Maximum maturity: 24 months|
|Liquidity: Good||Liquidity: Good|
EUR/AED parity: liquidity schedules (GMT)
Did you know?
- The Central Bank of the UAE is the central bank of the United Arab Emirates, in charge of the monetary policy of the seven Emirates of the country.
- Price setting method: the exchange rate has been defined as fixed since 1980.The Dirham is directly indexed to the US Dollar: the USD/AED exchange rate is in the range of 3.6720/3.6730.
Features and highlights
- In the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), the United Arab Emirates has one of the most liquid currencies.
- Friday is a non-working day in the GCC, so there is no delivery of AEDs that day.
There are no special restrictions on the purchase and sale of AEDs.
Due to the indexation of the AED to the USD, the evolution of the EUR/AED is perfectly correlated with that of the EUR/USD.
Payments in AED to the United Arab Emirates
- The IBAN format is used in the United Arab Emirates. Payment instructions must contain the full name and address of the beneficiary.
|Public Holidays 2018 (subject to change)|
|New Year’s Day||1 January||Eid Al Adha Holiday||22-23 August|
|Israa & Miaraj Night||13 April||Hijri New Year’s Day||11 September|
|Eid Al Fitr Holiday||14 June||Prophet Mohammed’s Birthday||20 November|
|Eid Al Fitr||15 June||Martyrs’ Day||30 November|
|Arafat (Haj) Day||20 August||UAE National Day||2-3 December|
|Eid al Adha||21 August|