Available currency pairs
Types of transaction
|FX Spot||FX Forward|
|Delivery date: T; T+1; T+2||Maximum maturity: 24 months|
|Liquidity: Good||Liquidity: Good|
EUR/HKD parity: liquidity schedules
Did you know?
- The Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA) is the institution responsible for maintaining the monetary stability and integrity of Hong Kong's banking and financial system.
- Price setting method: the exchange rate is defined as fixed against the USD. Since 2005, the HKMA maintains the USD/HKD parity in a range 7.75/7.85. It intervenes punctually in the foreign exchange market when the spot price is too close to the fluctuation limits referred to in the previous sentence.
Features and highlights
- Although now an integral part of China, Hong Kong enjoys a large degree of autonomy, which is particularly reflected in financial and monetary terms.
- HKD is a very liquid currency, and one of the only ones in Asia that is fully deliverable and transferable.
There are no special restrictions on the purchase and sale of HKD.
Due to the indexation of the HKD to the USD, the evolution of the EUR/HKD is perfectly correlated with that of the EUR/USD.
Payments in HKD to Hong Kong
The IBAN format is not mandatory in Hong Kong. Payment instructions must contain:
- The BIC Code of the beneficiary bank
- The full name and the account number of the beneficiary.
|Public Holidays 2018 (subject to change)|
|New Year’s Day||2 January||Tuen Ng Festival||30 May|
|Lunar New Year||28-31 January||SAR Establishment Day||1 July|
|Ching Ming Festival||4 April||National Day||2 October|
|Good Friday||14-15 April||Mid-Autumn Festival||5 October|
|Easter Monday||17 April||Chung Yeung Festival||28 October|
|Labour Day||1 May||Christmas Day||25 December|
|Buddha’s Birthday||3 May|