Type of transactions
|FX SPOT||FX FORWARD|
|Delivery date : J+1; J+2||Maximum maturity: 12 months|
|Liquidity: Good||Liquidity: Good|
EUR/CAD parity: liquidity schedules
Did you know?
The Bank of Canada (BoC) is the country's central bank, with the main objective of promoting the country's economic and financial prosperity.
Price setting method: the exchange rate is floating. The BoC does not, in principle, make any direct intervention in the foreign exchange market.
Particularités et faits marquants
- Canada is a major trading partner of the United States: the evolution of the Canadian currency can therefore be influenced by the American political and economic situation.
- The DAC is commonly called Loonie, in reference to the aquatic bird living in the country.
There are no special restrictions on the purchase and sale of CAD.
The CAD is one of the main "commodity currencies". Its evolution is therefore often correlated with that of energy prices (oil, ...) of which the country is a major producer.
Payments in CAD to Canada
Canada does not use the IBAN format. Payment instructions must contain:
- Either: BIC Code of the beneficiary bank as well as the name, address and account number of the beneficiary.
- Either: "Routing Number", the name and address of the bank, as well as the name, address and account number of the beneficiary.
The Routing Number is composed of 9 digits with the following format: 0YYYXXXXX
- YYY is the bank code.
- XXXXX is the "Transit Number" or branch code.
|Holidays 2018 (subject to modifications)|
|New Year’s Day||1 January||Thanksgiving||8 October|
|Good Friday||30 March||Remembrance Day OBS||12 November|
|Victoria/Patriot’s Day||21 May||Christmas Day||25 December|
|Canada Day OBS||2 July||Boxing Day||26 December|
|Labour Day||3 September|