Type of transactions
|FX Spot||FX Forward|
|Delivery date : J; J+1; J+2||Not yet available|
|Liquidity: Good||Liquidity: Good|
EUR/ZAR parity: liquidity schedules
Did you know?
- The annual of these must be between 3% and 6%.
Price setting method: the floating exchange rate is described as "supervised". The SARB thus reserves the right to intervene on the spot market to influence the value of the ZAR, mainly against the USD.
- The South African Reserve Bank (SARB) is the central bank of South Africa: its objective is to maintain price stability,
Features and highlights
- The only freely convertible and transferable currency in the entire African continent, the Rand is also one of the most liquid emerging currencies in the world.
- The high volatility of the ZAR can be partly explained by many uncertainties that weigh on the country, such as: political instability, the strong correlation with the price of certain raw materials, as well as problems related to employment and energy.
There are no special restrictions on the purchase and sale of ZAR.
The ZAR tends to appreciate in the event of rising commodity prices, and gold in particular as the country is a major producer of yellow metal.
In contrast, the ZAR tends to depreciate in times of market stress as it is considered a risky asset in comparison with other currencies.
Paiements en ZAR vers l’Afrique du Sud
The following information is required:
- BIC Code of the beneficiary bank
- Full name, address and account number of the beneficiary
|Holidays 2018 (subject to modifications)|
|New Year’s Day||1 January||Youth Day||15 June|
|Human Rights Day||21 March||National Women’s Day||9 August|
|Good Friday||30 March||Heritage Day||24 September|
|Easter Monday (Family Day)||2 April||Reconciliation Day||16 December|
|Freedom Day||27 April||Christmas||25 December|
|Labour Day||1 May||Goodwill Day||26 December|