Type of transactions
|FX Spot||FX Forward|
|Delivery date : J; J+1; J+2||Not yet available|
EUR/THB parity: liquidity schedules (GMT)
Did you know?
- The Bank of Thailand (BoT) is the central bank of Thailand, whose main objective is to promote monetary stability in the Kingdom.
- Price setting method: the floating exchange rate is described as "supervised". Although there is no target exchange rate for the THB, the BoT is likely to intervene in the foreign exchange market in case of excessive volatility.
Features and highlights
- THB is one of only two freely transferable and convertible currencies in Southeast Asia.
- It is relatively liquid, and enjoys a stable economic environment.
There are no special restrictions on the purchase and sale of THB.
The coup of May 2014 had a relatively limited impact on THB. However, like other emerging currencies, it tends to depreciate during periods of market stress.
Payments in THB to Thailand
The following information is required:
- BIC Code of the beneficiary bank
- Full name, address and account number of the beneficiary
|Holidays 2018 (subject to modifications)|
|New Year’s Day||1 January||Asarnha Bucha Day||26 July|
|New Year’s Eve OBS||2 January||King’s Birthday OBS||30 July|
|Makha Bucha Day||1 March||Queen’s Birthday OBS||13 August|
|Chakri Memorial Day||6 April||King Bhumibol Memorial Day||13 October|
|Songkran Festival||13-14 April||King Chulalongkorn Day||23 October|
|National Labour Day||1 May||King Rama IX’s Birthday||5 December|
|Visakha Bucha Day||29 May||Constitution Day||11 December|