Type of transactions
|FX Spot||FX Forward|
|Delivery date : J; J+1; J+2||Maximum maturity: 12 months|
|Liquidity: Good||Liquidity: Good|
EUR/AUD parity: liquidity schedules
Did you know?
- The Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) is the central bank of Australia, whose function is to ensure non-inflationary growth in the country's economy.
- Price Fixation Method: The floating exchange rate is described as "supervised". The RBA reserves the right to intervene punctually in the foreign exchange market when the volatility of its currency is deemed too important.
Features and highlights
- The AUD is considered a "commodity currency": the country is indeed a major producer of iron, coal, uranium and gold. Australia also exports a number of products from agriculture.
There are no special restrictions on the purchase and sale of AUD.
Due to the important economic ties with China, the evolution of the AUD is more and more correlated with that of the economic situation of the Middle Kingdom.
Payments in AUD to Australia
The IBAN format is not used in Australia. Payment instructions must contain:
- Either: the BIC Code, the full name, the address and the account number of the beneficiary.
- Either: the BSN, the name and address of the bank, as well as the full name, address and account number of the beneficiary.
|Holidays 2018 (subject to modifications)|
|New Year’s Day||1 January||Queen’s Birthday||11 June|
|Australia Day||26 January||Bank Holiday - NSW||6 August|
|Good Friday||30 March||Labour Day-NSW||1 October|
|Easter Monday||2 April||Christmas Day||25 December|
|ANZAC Day||25 April||Boxing Day||26 December|