Available currency pairs
Types of transaction
|FX Spot||FX Forward|
|Delivery date: T+1; T+2||Maximum maturity: 24 months|
|Liquidity: Good||Liquidity: Good|
EUR/JPY parity: liquidity schedules (GMT)
Did you know?
- The Bank of Japan (BoJ) is the central bank of the Japanese archipelago. Its main objective is to ensure non-inflationary growth and maintain the stability of the country's financial system.
- Price setting method: the exchange rate is floating. The BoJ does not intervene directly in the foreign exchange market, but it closely monitors the evolution of its currency.
Features and highlights
- The Yen is the third most transacted currency in the world: because of this, it is categorised as one of the "major" currencies. It is also Asia’s most liquid currency.
- During the Fukushima earthquake (2011), the Yen tended to appreciate sharply: markets were anticipating overseas remittances from Japan for reconstruction.
There are no particular restrictions on the purchase and sale of JPY.
The Japanese currency has been used as a safe haven for a few years, so it has tended to appreciate in times of market stress.
Payments in JPY to Japan
The following information is required:
- BIC Code of the beneficiary bank
- Full name, address and account number of the beneficiary.
|Public Holidays 2018 (subject to change)|
|New Year’s Day||1 January||Marine Day||16 July|
|Bank Holidays||2-3 January||Mountain Day||11 August|
|Coming-of-Age Day||8 January||Respect-for-the-Aged Day||17 September|
|National Foundation Day OBS||12 February||Autumnal Equinox Day OBS||24 September|
|Vernal Equinox Day||21 March||Health and Sports Day||8 October|
|Showa Day OBS||30 April||Culture Day||3 November|
|Constitution Day||3 May||Labor Thanksgiving Day||23 November|
|Greenery Day||4 May||The Emperor's Birthday OBS||24 December|
|Children’s Day||5 May||Bank Holiday||31 December|