Type of transactions
|FX Spot||FX Forward|
|Delivery date: T; T+1; T+2||Maximum maturity: 12 months|
|Liquidity: Good||Liquidity: Good|
EUR/SGD parity: liquidity schedules (GMT)
Did you know?
- The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) serves as a Central Bank and has the function of ensuring the non-inflationary growth of the Singaporean economy.
- Price setting method: the exchange rate is described as "supervised". MAS still controls the evolution of the SGD against a basket of international currencies, whose composition is not public.
Features and highlights
- Singapore's currency is one of the only freely convertible and transferable Asian currencies.
There are no particular restrictions on the purchase and sale of SGD.
As Singapore is an outward-looking economy, MAS tends to intervene to limit the excessive appreciations of SGD.
Payments in SGD to Singapore
The IBAN format is used in Singapore. Payment instructions must contain:
- The BIC Code of the beneficiary bank
- The full name, address and account number of the beneficiary.
|Public holidays 2018 (subject to change)|
|New Year's Day||1 January||National Day||9 August|
|Lunar New Year||16-17 February||Hari Raya Haji||22 August|
|Good Friday||30 March||Deepvali||18 October|
|Labour Day||1 May||Christmas Day||25 December|
|Vesak Day||29 May|