Available currency pairs
Types of transaction
|FX Spot||FX Forward|
|Delivery date: T; T+1; T+2||Maximum maturity: 24 months|
|Liquidity: Good||Liquidity: Good|
EUR/ILS parity: liquidity schedules (GMT)
Did you know?
- The Bank of Israel (BoI) is Israel’s monetary authority. Its objective is to maintain price stability.
- Price setting method: the floating exchange rate is described as "supervised", because the BoI is likely to make targeted interventions to influence the value of the ILS, mainly against the USD.
Features and highlights
- Liquidity on the Shekel (freely convertible since 2003 only) tends to fall on Friday afternoon, as local banks close for Shabbat.
There are no particular restrictions regarding the purchase and sale of ILS.
Since Israel is traditionally an exporting country, the BoI tends to intervene to limit the assessments deemed excessive by the ILS.
Payments in ILS to Israel
- The IBAN format is mandatory.
- Payment instructions must contain the full name of the beneficiary.
|Public Holidays 2018 (subject to change)|
|Purim||1 March||Yom Kippur||19 September|
|Pesach||31 March–7 April||Sukkot||24-30 September|
|National Independence Day||19 April||Sh’mini Atzeret||1 October|
|Shavuot||20-21 May||Simchat Tora||2 October|
|Rosh Hashana||10-11 September||Chanukka||3-10 December|