Type of transactions
|FX SPOT||FX FORWARD|
|Delivery date: T; T+1; T+2||Maximum maturity: 12 months|
|Liquidity: Good||Liquidity: Good|
EUR/HUF parity: liquidity schedules (GMT)
Did you know?
- Magyar Nemzeti Bank (MNB) is the Central Bank of Hungary. Its objective is to maintain price stability.
- Price fixing method: the exchange rate is qualified as floating. The HUF is usually traded against the EUR, and, to a lesser extent, against the USD.
Features and highlights
- HUF is one of the most liquid currencies among the countries of Central and Eastern Europe.
- Although there is no agenda for Hungary's possible accession to the Eurozone, the Forint has been relatively stable against the single currency for several years.
There are no special restrictions on the purchase and sale of HUF.
The Forint is less volatile than some emerging currencies. In addition to the good performance of the Hungarian economy, the HUF also benefits from the country's willingness to peg it to the EUR.
Payments in HUF to Hungary
- The IBAN format is mandatory.
- Payment instructions must contain the full name of the beneficiary.
|Public Holidays 2018 (subject to change)|
|New Year’s Day||1 January||St. Stephen’s Day||20 August|
|Revolution (1848) Day||15 March||Revolution Day||23 October|
|Good Friday||30 March||All Saint’s Day||1 NJovember|
|Easter Monday||2 April||Christmas Day||25 December|
|Labour Day||1 May||Christmas Holiday||26 December|
|Whit Monday||21 May|