Available Currency Pairs
Did You Know?
- RiksBank (RB) is the central bank of Sweden: its function is to ensure non-inflationary growth of the Swedish economy by maintaining price stability.
- Price setting method: the exchange rate is described as “supervised”. Indeed, if no target price is decided by the RiksBank, it reserves the right to intervene when the evolution of the exchange rate against the major currencies (EUR, USD, etc.) threatens the objective of stability of the price.
Features and highlights
- As Sweden is an open and export-driven economy, the currency tends to suffer in times where international free trade is under pressure, as we have seen over the past years with fear of trade wars between the large economic blocks in the world (US, China, Europe, ...)
- Despite the recognised stability of the Swedish economy, the krona has experienced marked cycles of change in the face of the single currency. For example, the EUR/SEK lost nearly 30% between 2009 and 2013 and it has regained almost 18% since.
There are no special restrictions on the purchase and sale of SEK.
The IBAN format is mandatory. Payment instructions must contain:
- The full name of the beneficiary.
Keep In Mind
When a holiday falls on a weekend, the next business day becomes a holiday