Available Currency Pairs
Did You Know?
- Banca Naţională a României (BNR) is the Central Bank of Romania. Its objective is to maintain price stability, and it also supports the economic policy pursued by the Romanian Government.
- Price setting method: the floating exchange rate is described as “supervised”. The BNR is likely to make timely targeted foreign exchange interventions, in response to unexpected shocks that may affect the Romanian economy.
Features and highlights
- The leu, the name of the national currency, means “lion” in Romanian.
- In 2005 the new Romanian Leu was created, following the BNR’s decision to remove four zeros from the cuts of the time (which occurred during a period of high inflation).
- The RON is a so-called relatively stable emerging currency, despite the floating exchange rate in place in the country. The EUR / RON has appreciated barely 5% since early 2013.
There are no special restrictions on the purchase and sale of RON.
The IBAN format is mandatory. Payment instructions must contain:
- The SWIFT Code of the beneficiary bank
- The full name, address and IBAN of the beneficiary.
Keep In Mind
When a holiday falls on a weekend, the next business day becomes a holiday